A NOC Specialist, or network operating center specialist, is somebody who installs, manages, and tests the systems that connect computers in an organization.
Many NOC specialists work in the telecom and IT industries, helping firms solve a range of technical problems while also providing B2B customer support.
The Responsibilities of a NOC Specialist
The responsibilities of a NOC specialist include:
- Troubleshooting IP services and networks.
- Providing customer support to business clients
- Monitoring company networks and responding to issues
- Manage the integration of new network technologies
- Monitoring of network alarms and reacting appropriately
- Announcing service schedules to network users
- Supervising network changes and ensuring that they work